Summer is around the corner. Like every year, many high school students will look forward to utilizing their time in a constructive way. Summer programs are a great way to utilize the time. Launched in 2019, the SHRM-Stoodnt’s Biotech Summer Program has been a pioneer in India. After dropping the in-person mode due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the SHRM-Stoodnt Biotech and Biomedical Summer School Program is back this year. As we all know, Biotech and Biomedical experiments are more effective when done in the lab (in person).
Biotech and Biomedical Summer Program 2023
Biotechnology and Biomedicine are one of science and technology’s most advanced, dynamic, productive, and developing areas. Physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, and mathematics concepts are merged to build innovations for the enhancement of human life in this discipline.
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought the entire planet to a halt. Everyone has expressed their optimism to medical professionals. People are looking to biotechnology professionals, not only doctors, to restore normalcy to their lives.
In today’s world, when society is continually confronted with issues, a degree in Biotechnology is the most appropriate. As a result, biotechnology and biomedical graduates are putting off seeing big prospects in the coming years.
There are numerous advantages for students interested in pursuing a career in these fields because this sector still has a lot of room for growth and development. Science is progressing at a breakneck pace in order to develop technologies that will benefit humanity.
So, choosing biotechnology as a career is one of the best decisions you can make for your future because it will provide you with a mountain of opportunities to work in a variety of leading industries such as medical, manufacturing, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, and industrial products, among others.
Who Can Attend the Biotech-Biomedical Summer Program?
It is designed for high school students who want to learn about molecular biology, microbiology, virology, biochemistry, forensic science, drug development, and other topics at a college level. This summer program is designed for students in grades 8 through 12 who are passionate about biology, biotechnology, and medicine.
Summer Program Curriculum
|Day 1||Molecular Biology||Introduction to Molecular Biology, DNA, RNA & DNA replication Technique||DNA amplification through PCR & Analysis of Amplified DNA through Agarose Gel Electrophoresis|
|Day 2||Medical Microbiology||Introduction to Medical Microbiology, Bacteriology||Observe Bacteria under the Microscope|
|Day 3||Food Biotechnology||Introduction to Food Biotechnology, Quality Control Activities, Chemical Test & Microbiological Test||Chemical & Microbiological Quality Check of Common Food Products|
|Day 4||Immunology & Diagnostics||Introduction to Immunology & Diagnostic Techniques; How Diseases are Diagnosed? PCR, RT-PCR, ELISA.||Determining Blood Group|
|Day 5||Forensic Science||Introduction to Forensic Biotechnology, Crime Scene Investigation, Evidence Collection, Fingerprint Analysis, Blood Sample Analysis||Crime Scene Investigation: Fingerprint Uplifting Technique & Analysis, Forensic Analysis of Blood Stains|
Interested in the Offline Biosciences Summer Program?
Dates, Timing, and Program Fee
- May 29 – June 2 (Cohort-1)
- June 15 – 19 (Cohort-2)
Timings: 10:30 am – 2:30 pm
Venue: Salt Lake, Kolkata (Address: Signet Towers, Dn-2, DN Block, Sector V, Kolkata 700091)
- Regular Fee: Rs. 20,000 (plus GST)
- Early-Bird: Rs. 16,000 (plus GST)
Summer Program Trainers
Why attend this Biotech Summer School (Pre-College) Program:
- You will experience all the everyday learning prospects and possibilities, which will equip you well to make better career choices.
- The summer school will provide you a chance to explore your interests before you decide to take them up as a career.
- You will get hands-on experience and develop new skills that a classroom doesn’t offer and get a taste of exciting college life.
- This is the first-of-its-kind summer program that’s focused on biological sciences and medicine.
- The summer program is developed and delivered by SHRM Biotechnologies, a Govt. recognized and Award-winning Training Company that provides training to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, in association with Stoodnt, Inc., a Silicon-Valley based Career & College Admission Guidance EdTech Startup.
- Summer school students gain a number of skills that can benefit them when they apply to top colleges or get called for college admissions interviews.