Application forms for one of the most prestigious and top entrance exams of India after Class 12, BITSAT 2019 are out. BITSAT (BITS Admission Test) is a computer-based admission test conducted by BITS conducted every year, Pilani for its integrated first-degree programmes offered by all its three campuses – Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad campus.
BITSAT 2019 is an online computer-based test, conducted at various centers across the country. In order to get admission to any of the courses offered by BITS for the academic year 2019-20, it is mandatory to qualify BITSAT 2019.
BITSAT 2019 Exam
Eligibility, Exam Date, Application Form, and Registration
By Simran Rana (CollegeDunia.com)
Students getting scores above the set BITSAT Cut-off will be allotted seats in its campuses across the country. Through BITSAT 2019, students can get admission to B.E., B. Pharma. and M.Sc. courses in different specializations. Recently, the conducting authority of BITSAT 2019 has released the online application forms, which are to be filled before March 20, 2019.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria
BITS Pilani has laid back the BITSAT eligibility standards as per the academic background of the candidate. Also, these standards vary for all the courses. Mentioned below are the standards followed:
1. BITSAT Eligibility Criteria for B.E. (Hons.), M.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Tech.) Programs:
- They must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subjects in 12th class.
- It is necessary to secure a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects
- Candidate must also secure a minimum of 60% in each of the above subjects.
2. BITSAT Eligibility Criteria for B.Pharm (Hons.) Programs:
- Candidates must have passed the 12th examination from a recognized Central or State board
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects in Class 12
- Candidate must secure a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects
- Candidate must also secure a minimum of 60% in each of the above subjects
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria (Direct Admission)
- BITS Pilani assures guaranteed admission to all the students who have obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations.
- Practice has attracted highly meritorious students from all over India.
- 1st rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2019 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2019 score as per the eligibility criteria.
Candidates who are not eligible for BITSAT 2019-
- Students who took class 12 exams in 2016 or earlier.
- Students currently enrolled at any of BITS campuses are not eligible for BITSAT.
Official BITSAT 2019 Dates
Mentioned below are all the important dates related to BITSAT 2019.
BITSAT 2019 Application Form Released
The application forms for BITSAT 2019 has been released on January 4, 2019, on the official website bitsadmission.com. Interested students can now apply for the exam by going to the official website and filling the application form before 5:00 pm, 20th March 2019.
Before filling in the application form, each student will be required to register themselves first by filling in their name, email id, gender, date of birth, mobile number and a password for their account. Upon successfully registering themselves, candidates can proceed to fill the application form.
Steps to Fill the BITSAT 2019 Application Form
- Go to the official website of BITSAT.
- Click on the link flashing on the home page to fill the application form.
- A new page will open with another link to go to the application form.
- All the important instructions and payment details will be displayed on the next page. Students are advised to go through the instructions carefully to avoid any mistakes.
- After reading the instructions, click on “Allow me to apply online”.
- Then, you will be required to register yourself before proceeding to the application form. If you have already registered yourself, then click on “Already Registered Candidate”.
- After Registering, you will be provided a unique application number to log in using your set password.
- Log in and start filling the application form by mentioning your personal, academic and contact details carefully and correctly and proceed to the next step.
- In the next step, you will be required to upload the scanned image of your photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format only.
- Upon successfully uploading the scanned images, make the payment either via online mode or through offline mode, i.e. e-challan (ICICI Bank).
- Once your payment is done successfully, download the application form and save it for further procedures.
Documents Required for BITSAT 2019 Application Form
Before starting to fill the application form, make sure to keep all the below mentioned documents with you.
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Academic Certificates
- Credit Card or Debit Card (in case of online payment)
- Scanned Photograph in jpg/jpeg format in size between 4KB to 50KB.
- Scanned Signature in jpeg/jpg format in size between 1KB to 30KB.
- Class 12th Marksheet will be required at the time of admission if you score marks above BITSAT Cut-off.
NOTE: Scanned images should be exactly in the prescribed format and size or else the application form won’t be submitted.
Detailed Steps in BITSAT 2019 Application Form
STEP 1: REGISTRATION
In order to register, a candidate will be required to fill in the following details.
- Date of Birth
- Valid E-mail Address
- Valid Phone Number
Upon filling in all the above-mentioned details, each student will be assigned a unique application number that they will use to fill the application form.
STEP 2: FILL ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Candidates will be required to fill in academic details, contact details and personal details in the application form. After filling in this information correctly, students will be asked to select a test center according to their choice. Information asked will include:
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Address of Communication
- Landline Number
- Mobile Number
CLASS 12TH EXAMINATION DETAILS
- Name of School currently studying in or last attended
- Name of the Board of Examination, e.g. CBSE
- Year of Appearing/Passing
- Selection of subject between Biology and Mathematics (Biology students will only be able to sit for B. Pharma. courses entrance exam.
SELECTION OF EXAM CENTRE
- After filling in all the above details, students will be required to enter three test centres according to their preference.
- Students are highly advised to go through all the information before hitting the submit button. Although, there will be a correction window, why make the mistake in the first place, when we can avoid it.
- Click the submit button, and a unique application form number will be generated, which is to be kept safe for all further usage.
STEP 3: UPLOADING SCANNED DOCUMENTS
- Next step will be to upload clear scanned images of candidate’s photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format only.
- Once the documents are uploaded they will be reflected in the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the submit button and proceed to the final step.
STEP 4: EXAM FEE PAYMENT
After filling the required details and uploading the images, students will be directed to a payment gateway, where they are required to pay the examination fee, without which application form won’t be submitted.
- ONLINE MODE: Students can easily pay the exam fee via Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking or PayTM. Only Master and Visa Debit/Credit cards can be used.
- OFFLINE MODE: Students also have the option to pay the fee via offline mode through an e-challan by ICICI Bank only.
BITSAT 2019 Application Fee
|Male Candidates||INR 3150|
|Female Candidates||INR 2650|
|Male/Female Candidates opting for Dubai Centres||USD $80 (INR 5696.04)|
Author Bio: Hi, I am a passionate writer and a fashion enthusiast and love to write about lifestyle and trends in fashion. Born and raised in Chandigarh, an engineer by qualification, currently working as a content writer.
I love to dance to express myself. I am a quick learner and have the ability to grasp new concepts. I believe in self-motivation and determination in every work you do.
Currently, I am working on blogs in the niche of exams and e-commerce portals.
Note: This is a sponsored post by CollegeDunia.