NID was established in 1961, and has been a centre for design education, practice, and research since then. NID Ahmedabad is known as one of the leading fashion institutes in the country.
NID Exam 2020 Dates
|Events||B.Des Exam||M.Des Exam|
|Start to submit Online application form||1st October 2019||1st October 2019|
|Closing date of online application form||7th November 2019||7th November 2019|
|Submit the application form with late fee||13th November 2019||13th November 2019|
|Correction window open for form||13th to 15th November 2019||13th to 15th November 2019|
|Admit Card available||20th December 2019||20th December 2019|
|NID 2020 Exam Date (Prelims)||29th December 2019||29th December 2019|
|Interview date||January 2020||January 2020|
|Result date declaration||19th March 2020||18th February 2020|
|DAT Prelims rechecking request||20th to 23rd March 2020||18th to 21st February 2020|
|Counselling Date start from||5th & 6th June 2020||June 2020|
NID Exam 2020 Eligibility
For BDes or GDPD course at NID
Cleared or appearing for higher secondary (plus 10) qualifying examination their equivalent in any stream (Science, Humanities, Commerce, etc.) and from any recognised board in the year 2019-2020.
For MDes course
Completed bachelor’s degree from a recognised college/ university; also should not be over 30 years of age as on June 30, 2020.
NID Exam 2020 Syllabus
Topics for NID written test
Drawing Skills (For subjective part)
General Mental Ability
Thematic color arrangement
Proportions and Perspective
Topics for studio test
These topics will cover over 90 percent of the questions.
NID 2020 Exam Pattern
On qualifying written exam and clearing NID 2020 Cut-Off, candidates will be called for the studio test and personal interview.
This will be followed by a studio test of 100 marks on drawing/sketching, modelling and group discussion.
Once you clear this level, a personal interview will be conducted. Finally a NID Merit List of selected candidates will be prepared and published.
|NID DAT Exam Pattern||For B.Des. & GDPD||For M.Des.|
|Exam Mode||Offline mode/ pen – paper-based test||Offline mode/ pen – paper-based test|
|No. of sections||2 (Section A and B)||2 (Section A and B)|
|No. of Questions||Section A: 64 (MCQ)||Section A: 59 (MCQ)|
|Section B: 3 (Subjective)||Section B: 3 (Subjective)|
|Duration||3 hours||2 ½ hourS|
- Exam Mode:Exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Type of Questions:Questions in the paper will be of objective and subjective type. 70% of questions are objective type; rest 30% are subjective. The papers (objective and subjective) are held separately on the same day.
- Total Marks: 100
- Marking: No negative marking for incorrect answer.
- Language: English
- Duration: three hours
Top Reference Books
- NIFT/NID/IIFT Entrance Exam Guide Surendra
- NIFT/NID/IIFT Entrance Examination 2020 Dharmendra Mitta Success Master
- NID Mock Test Series 2020-21 (As Per New B. Design Pattern)
- NID-NIFT-UCEED-CEED Workbook
- NID (M.DES) ENTRANCE
- NIFT & NID (B.Des) Entrance Books & Test Series
NID 2020 Fees
|Category||B.Des and GDPD|
|General – EWS||Rs. 2000|
For the M.Des course:
|Category||Fee for 1 discipline||Fee for 2 discipline|
|General||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|General – EWS||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|OBC-NCL||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|SC||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|ST||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|General-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|General-EWS-PWD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|OBC-NCL-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|SC-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|ST-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|Overseas||Rs. 3000||Rs. 6000|
- Prepare all the topics included in the syllabus.
- Take as many mock tests and previous years question papers/sample papers as possible. Mock tests are available in the market or online.
- Make notes after completing a topic and revise regularly.
- Study from the recommended resources and books.