Looking for Govt. jobs after Class 12? All students that have cleared their 10+2 exam are eligible for the SSC CHSL Exam. Staff Selection Commission-Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL) is a national-level level exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Govt. of India, every year. The exam is conducted to recruit eligible candidates in various ministries/departments/offices of the Government of India. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in various Government departments. In this post, we will look at SSC-CHSL 2020 Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Exam Dates, Online Application, Vacancies, and Pay Scales (Salary).
SSC CHSL 2020 Recruitment
Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Dates, Vacancies, Pay Scales (Salary) & Expected Cut-Off
SSC CHSL 2020 Vacancies
The tentative vacancies in SSC CHSL 2020 for the following posts – Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO), and Court Clerks.
The total number of vacancies for the SSC CHSL 2020 exam has been released on 7th January 2020. Recently, SSC has released a notice regarding SSC CHSL 2019-20 Vacancy. As per the latest notice, SSC has introduced 4893 vacancies for the 2020 Exam. The Post wise vacancy are mentioned below:
- LDC/JSA – 1269 Vacancies
- PA/SA – 3598 Vacancies
- DEO – 26 Vacancies
SSC CHSL 2020 Pay Scale (Salary)
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
- Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator(DEO): Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised) and
- Data Entry Operator Grade ‘A’: Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised).
The salary scale of the posts of CHSL includes Basic Pay, DA, PA, Allowance, Over Time, Bonus, etc.
There is a hike in the pay scale after the 7th pay commission. See below!
SSC CHSL Salary (Pay Scales) 2020 after 7th pay commission
City Guides (X, Y, Z)
X City: Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Bangaluru, Ahmedabad
Y City: Bhopal, Kanpur, Jaipur, Nagpur, Lucknow, Patna, Pune, Surat, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Kochi, Madurai, Coimbatore, Warangal, Trivandrum, Rajkot, Vadodra, Ludhiana, Agra, Meerut, Nashik, Faridabad, Varanasi, Jabalpur, Jamshedpur, Allahabad, Amritsar, Indore, Gorakhpur, Hubli – Dharwad, Bhavnagar, Raipur, Mysore, Mangalore, Belgaum, Guntur, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Amravati, Aurangabad, Srinagar, Bhilai, Rajahmundry, Kakinada, Nellore, Solapur, Ranchi, Guwahati, Gwalior, Chandigarh, Patiala, Jodhpur, Tiruchirapalli, Pondicherry, Salem, Asansol.
Z City: All other cities
[inbound_button font_size=”28″ color=”#c8232b” text_color=”#ffffff” icon=”arrow-circle-o-right” url=”https://www.toprankers.com/subscription-plans?utm_source=STDNT&utm_medium=AFMK&utm_campaign=SP” width=”” target=”_blank”] Attempt 2000+ Tests for SSC, Banking, Railway and other Govt. Exams in 2020-21[/inbound_button]
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Dates
SSC CHSL application form submission process 2019 ended on January 10, 2020. Candidates could fill the SSC CHSL online form by 11:59 PM. Also, candidates could pay the SSC CHSL application fee in online mode till January 12. Currently, all candidates who have filled the CHSL online form but not paid the application fee can make the payment through bank challan till January 16.
The SSC CHSL 2019 – 2020 Tier 1 exam will be held from 16th March 2020 – 27th March 2020, and Tier 2 on 28th June 2020.
SSC CHSL 2020 Important Dates
Note: This is the notification of the year 2019 i.e SSC CHSL 2019, but the exam will be held in the year 2020!
SSC CHSL 2020 Eligibility
Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian Citizen or should belong to Nepal/ Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to permanently settle in India.
Educational Criteria: must have cleared or appearing class 12 or its equivalent from a recognized educational board or University.
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates who are planning to appear in CHSL 2020 exam must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
Age Criteria: Age must be between 18 – 27 years as on January 1, 2020, however, certain reserved category candidates can claim for reservation according to the Indian government norms.
The age relaxation will be provided as follows:
- For SC/ST – 5 Years
- For OBCs – 3 Years
- For PH – 10 Years
- For PH + OBC – 13 Years
- For PH + SC/ST – 15 Years
SSC CHSL 2020 Application Form
SSC CHSL 2020 Application Form is available from December 3, 2020. Interested candidates can register for Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination on the official website of SSC. Follow the steps given below to fill SSC CHSL 2020 Application Form:
Step 1: SSC CHSL 2020 Registration
- Go to ssc.nic.in. (https://ssc.nic.in/Portal/Apply)
- Click on the link provided for CHSL stating “Click here to Apply”
- Read the instructions and move on to the registration page.
- Fill in basic details such as Name, Father’s Name, class 10 roll number, DoB and Gender.
- Enter verification text and submit the details.
- A registration ID and password is generated. Keep it safe for future use.
Step 2: Uploading Documents
After registration, upload the scanned image of a recent passport size photograph and signature in JPG format.
- Passport Size Photograph Size: 20 kb to 50 kb
- Signature: 10 kb to 20 kb
Step 3: Fill SSC CHSL 2020 Application Form
The registration process completes after uploading images. Fill the application form by entering communication details, educational details, etc. Fill in tentative post preferences out of the following:
- Lower Divisional Clerk- 898 vacancies
- Postal Assistant- 2359 vacancies
- Data entry Operator- 2 vacancies
Step 4: Pay SSC CHSL 2020 Application Fee
The application fee of INR 100 has to be paid via online or offline mode for the final submission of SSC CHSL 2020 Application Form. Applicants can remit the fee in online mode till January 12, 2020 (11:59 PM) and in offline mode till January 14, 2020, during bank’s working hours. However, the challan can be downloaded till January 12, 2020 (11:59 PM) only.
- Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
- Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
- To pay the fee in cash, the candidate should take the print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
- Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
SSC CHSL 2020 Syllabus
SSC CHSL Tier 1 has four sections – General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language. Detailed syllabus for each section is given below:
General Awareness Section: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- This Section covers all general awareness of the environment and its surroundings.
- Read all topics that relate to everyday science
- You must have good knowledge about India and its neighboring countries which means knowledge of (Culture, History, General Science, Geography and Scientific Research)
General Intelligence and Reasoning: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Series Completion, Coding-Decoding
- Blood Relations, Alphabets Test
- Sitting Arrangement, Ranking Test, Syllogism, etc
Quantitative Aptitude Section: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Basic Mathematics, Trigonometry
- Geometry, Statistics
English Language Section: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension passage, etc
Detailed Syllabus for SSC CHSL 2020 Exam
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 + Cos2 =1 etc.,
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy, and Scientific Research.
• There is negative marking in SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 75 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
[inbound_button font_size=”24″ color=”#c8232b” text_color=”#ffffff” icon=”arrow-circle-o-right” url=”https://www.toprankers.com/subscription-plans?utm_source=STDNT&utm_medium=AFMK&utm_campaign=SP” width=”” target=”_blank”] Click Here to Get Exam Guide and 30 Mock Tests for SSC CGL and SSC CHSL Exams with Video Solution[/inbound_button]
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-2 would be 33%. The performance in Tier 2 would be included in preparing merit. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on Class 10 level.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CHSl Exam 2020 comprises of a couple of skill tests that are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
• Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
• The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
• Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
• Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
• It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
• Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
• Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
• The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
• Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
Note: After skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be appointed based on their position in the merit list.
[inbound_button font_size=”28″ color=”#ff8000″ text_color=”#ffffff” icon=”arrow-circle-o-right” url=”https://www.toprankers.com/subscription-plans?utm_source=STDNT&utm_medium=AFMK&utm_campaign=SP” width=”” target=”_blank”] Take Mock Tests for SSC, Banking, Railway and other Govt. Exams in 2020-21[/inbound_button]
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL exam is held in 3 stages called Tiers. While the first one is online and the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CHSL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CHSL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
Below is the brief of SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Pattern:
- The exam will be conducted in three stages- Tier 1 (Computer Based Test), Tier 2 (Written Test) and Tier 3 (Skill Based Test)
- Tier 1 will comprise 100 MCQs to be completed in 60 minutes.
- Tier 2 will have questions on essay or letter writing to be completed in 60 minutes.
- The next stage i.e. Tier 3 will be a skill-based test for selected candidates.
- 1/4th marks of the total marks allotted to the question will be deducted as penalty for every wrong answer in Tier 1 exam.
Have a glance at all the stages of SSC CHSL exam 2020 along with the modes in which they will be conducted.
The detailed SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Pattern is as follows:
Tier 3 exam is a skill-based test where typing and data entry speed is analyzed of the prospective candidates:
- Typing Test: For English, typing speed of 35 words per minute is required, For Hindi, typing speed of 30 words per minute is mandatory. Typing Test will be applicable for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, and Court Clerk posts.
- Skill Test: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer. The skill test is conducted for the Data Entry Operator post.
SSC CHSL 2020 Expected Cutoff
[inbound_button font_size=”28″ color=”#0080ff” text_color=”#ffffff” icon=”arrow-circle-o-right” url=”https://www.toprankers.com/subscription-plans?utm_source=STDNT&utm_medium=AFMK&utm_campaign=SP” width=”” target=”_blank”] Mock Tests with Video Solutions for Banking, SSC, Railways and Other Govt. Exams[/inbound_button]