What is NET?
UGC-NET is National Eligibility Test. It is popularly called UGC- NET It is an examination for determining the eligibility of an assistant professor and/or a Junior Research Fellow in Government Recognized Universities and Colleges in India. It is conducted by NTA or National Testing Agency on behalf of UGC University Grants Commission. It is one of the most competitive exams in India.
The Exam would be conducted twice a year June month and December month, and it will be conducted in an online mode instead of offline mode.
UGC-NET 2021 Highlights
UGC NET 2021 will be held in the month of June 2021 and in December 2021 through online CBT mode.
When can I register for UGC NET 2021? – February, Check application form
Distance Education degree holder can apply for UGC NET? Yes (From recognized institutions)
Is UGC NET and CSIR NET are same? – No
How can I apply for UGC-NET 2021? Online mode only.
Can I apply for 2 subjects in UGC NET? – No, (You can apply for one subject only); check eligibility below!
UGC-NET 2021 Exam Dates
Till now, there has been no official announcement of the dates for next year. But, it is advised, to keep a check on the official website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx or news updates regarding the exam and the most important the dates regarding the registration and submission of the registration fee.
The registration is always done online and there is no provision for filling it in offline mode.
How is UGC-NET 2021 conducted?
- It is conducted in an online mode in a designated test centre
- It has a total of 150 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) with 4 answer options in every question with only one being correct
- Paper 1 will have 50 questions and Paper 2 will have 100 questions
- All the questions are compulsory and need to be answered
- There’s no break between Paper 1 and Paper 2 thus giving students needed time to dedicate their choice of questions
- Each question is worth 2 marks. There is no negative marking for an incorrect answer
UGC-NET 2021 Exam Pattern
Number of Questions
UGC-NET 2021 Eligibility
- For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) the upper age limit is 30 years as on June 1, 2021
- There is no age limit described for the Assistant Professor
- Students must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university
- General category students must have scored 55% marks in the qualifying exam while 50% marks are required for reserved category students
- Students who are appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply
UGC-NET 2021 Fee
The registration fee for the general category is INR 1000, INR 500 for OBC and EWS, and INR 250 for SC/ ST/ PWD and Transgender candidates.
UGC-NET 2021 Syllabus
The Syllabus of NTA-UGC-NET is divided into two papers.
- Paper I
- Paper II
UGC NET Paper I is Teaching and Research Aptitude which tests teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET Paper II is based on the subject chosen by the candidate. It checks the student’s expertise and knowledge in the subject in depth. Also, later that becomes the subject whom the candidate after qualifying teaches in colleges and universities.
BREAKDOWN OF THE SLLYABUS OF PAPER I
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology
- People, Development and Environment
- Higher Education System
BREAKDOWN OF THE SLLYABUS OF PAPER II
It depends on the syllabus designated by the UGC Council. It’ll be available on the official website or the internet.
UGC NET Preparation Tips
Next Year isn’t very far away and this exam is one of the toughest exams in the country with only a 6% success rate. Start preparing from now and join in the stream of constructing India by educating the young minds thus paving the way for a bright future of the country.
The interested candidates who want to get qualified in UGC NET exam must collect all the significant information about the exam and prepare correctly according to the syllabus released in the official website.
- Since it is a national level exam, there will be very high competition for one single position. So 100% effort and dedication are must, to get qualified and to get placed in your dream job.
- Solve and Refer to the previous question papers to understand the pattern and difficulty level of each of question.
- Candidates should have a strong command of current affairs and general knowledge.
- Buy books which are relevant to the prescribed syllabus.
- For JFS position, consider the Age criteria mention in the official notification.
- You are recommended to start the preparation early which will help you to cover the entire syllabus and revise it again.
- Remember scoring good marks in both the papers is very important.
- Don’t panic and have good knowledge of analytical questions.
- Be positive and confident during both the preparation and examination.
Stoodnt.com wishes you all the best!